Programs and Loan Places That Offer Apartment Deposit Help
September 30, 2021 | June Mckaig
If you can't get enough money together for your security deposit, you need to find apartment deposit help to ensure you get the housing you need. Luckily, Nevada offers a wide range of ways to do this. Here are just a few of the many methods available – like title loan places – to you for help with your apartment deposit.
Where to Get Apartment Deposit Help
1. Nevada Rural Housing Authority Security Deposit Program
If you are trying to secure an apartment in a rural area, the Nevada Rural Housing Authority Security Deposit Program is perfect. You can apply and receive the grant or loan for your deposit even if you aren't in the NRHA program.
2. Help Of Southern Nevada
The Help of Southern Nevada initiative is primarily a rental assistance program. However, the agency does provide a variety of programs that offer apartment deposit help, food funding, counseling, and assistance with your electric bill. You can visit one of their brick-and-mortar locations across Clark County or head online.
3. Rural Counties Emergency Rental Assistance Program
This program is similar to the Help of Southern Nevada agency. However, bear in mind that priority is given to those on an income less than 50% of the area median. In addition, unemployed people for 90 days before the date of application are also given priority above others.
4. Nevada 211 Programs
Nevada 211 gives housing assistance to those who risk eviction or need other apartment deposit help. There are plenty of programs provided by Nevada 211, but keep in mind that you need to meet age, disability, income, and other eligibility requirements as well.
5. Faith-Based Programs
There are plenty of faith-based deposit assistance programs, including the following for you to choose from:
- Lutheran Social Services — If you're facing a crisis, Lutheran Social Services can help. You can also find transitional housing and low-income advice here.
- Clark County Catholic Charities — No matter your religion, they may offer you help. You can qualify for emergency rental assistance if you receive an eviction notice. Plus, money for a deposit, the first month's rent, and other costs are also available. For more information, you can call (702) 385-266 or (702) 387-2291.
- Jewish Family Services — This non-profit focuses on providing loans to pay apartment deposits or other expenses associated with rent. Often, they're zero interest. However, you must repay them within a set timeframe.
6. Alternative Apartment Deposit Help Programs In Nevada
There is no guarantee these options will help. If none of the programs we've discussed so far suit you, try these to get apartment deposit help:
- Hopelink — Hopelink is a non-profit organization that gives renters and those on low-income deposit help and other assistance.
- Women's Development Center (WDC) — The housing program provides financial services for homeless families and single people. It aims to find permanent housing, and the help can include your deposit, utility deposit, the first month's rent, and other expenses.
- Economic Opportunity Board of Clark County — Self-sufficiency and the improvement of quality of life is the aim of this organization. Call (702) 647-3307 for more information.
- Project HOPE — Eligible families can receive emergency financial help for all kinds of housing needs. You have to attend an interview before acquiring the funding, but it can help you avoid eviction or homelessness by giving you a grant or loan to make your deposit/rent.
- Flex — Flex enables you to pay rent whenever you want by splitting the payments into smaller chunks.
Related Content: How Do Title Loans In Nevada Work?
7. Title Loan Places For Apartment Deposit Help
By now, you know about a lot of places to find security deposit help. But, depending on your situation, you might not qualify for any of them.
In this case, you can try a title loan. They're short-term loans that allow you to borrow a lump sum depending on you using your vehicle’s title as collateral. All you need to do is follow the steps below to get the loans from title loan places in Nevada:
- Fill in the online form found on the website to send us your contact information. It should take about five minutes.
- Wait for a loan associate from the closest auto title loans near me to call you. They'll discuss the process, answer your questions, and explain the documents you need.
- After the conversation, head to your nearest Nevada Title and Payday Loans, Inc. with your driver's license (or state-issued photo ID), your lien-free car title, and your vehicle.
- When you arrive, a representative will evaluate your documents and your vehicle to see if you qualify.
- If you are eligible and finish the paperwork, you receive the amount you qualify for on the same day or next bank business day!
Get Apartment Deposit Help Now
If you need help with rent for your apartment, you don’t have to handle it alone. There are plenty of places in Nevada that can help you out. There are even more than listed in this article! Just do a quick search to find the right help for you.
Wherever you go to find apartment deposit help, you're bound to find a happy conclusion. But don't be disheartened. Our title loan places are available for you to visit when you don't qualify for government- or charity-led programs. Fill out the online form now to get started.