What Do I Do If My Unemployment Benefits Run Out in Nevada?
July 30, 2021 | Emma Frost
It can get a bit stressful thinking ‘what do I do if my unemployment benefits run out?’. Luckily, there are plenty of tips for you to have an almost steady income while you are out looking for a more stable and permanent job. Here are just a few ideas to help you get started.
Use These 5 Tips To Get Cash After Your Unemployment Benefits Run Out
1. Craft A Financial Action Plan
You need to consider how you're going to stretch the money you have as far as possible. Your financial action plan should be full of ways to save money, how you need to spend money thoughtfully, and how you're going to get more money.
Ideally, you'll be running on a "bare-bones budget". In other words, all optional spending is cut out entirely. This means no:
- Gym memberships
- Cable TV
- Non-essential services
- Non-essential groceries
- Ordering Takeout
- Non-essential clothing purchases
- Non-essential home decor items
- Vacations and unnecessary travel
2. Look For Alternative Ways To Make Money
The internet has provided many ways for you to make money online to satisfy your "what do I do if my unemployment benefits run out?" woes. There are literally so many ways you can make some extra money. Here are just three of them right now:
- Get paid to watch videos. You probably watch videos anyway. So, you should get paid for your time. Sites like Swagbucks and InboxPounds will pay you to relax and watch videos. You can even boost your earners by becoming a freelancer subtitle typist. There is always demand for this type of "data entry" job.
- Sell your photographs. If you're creative and like to get the camera out every now and again, you could attempt to make some money selling them on stock websites. We recommend choosing well-known ones like Getty Images and Adobe Stock. Shoot subjects that come with fewer search results to stand the best chance of making a splash in this somewhat saturated market.
- Buy and sell domains. A domain name is a web address. For example, "etsy.com" or "amazon.com" or "mysite.com". There are various extensions you can use such as well like .com or .net, for instance. You can purchase domains for as little as $0.99 and register them with GoDaddy.com. But some go for $1,000. Thus, buying and selling domains can be a pretty lucrative business with the right research. To make as much as possible, find domain names that hold commercial value, buy them, and sell them on websites such as Sedo.
3. Consider The Extended Benefits Program
Checking with your state's unemployment office is a great next step when you're wondering "what do I do if my unemployment benefits run out?". They will be able to tell you whether you qualify for extensions or even other types of benefits. You can also check with nonprofit entities like:
- Low-Cost Phone Service — Gives you cheaper phone services if you are eligible. You may be provided with a package for less than $15 per month.
- TANF — This program helps with job searching, training, financial management, and food costs.
- WIC — This scheme provides supplemental food and nutrition to women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, postpartum, or who have children under 5.
4. Get In Touch With Your Creditors
If losing your unemployment benefits means you can't make your monthly repayments, get in touch with your creditors. Most of them will be willing to create an alternative repayment plan to help you out. Checking with your creditors can really help you avoid asking ‘what do I do if my unemployment benefits run out?’.
5. Try Installment Loans Near Me
Finally, installment loans near me are an option for emergency expenses you cannot handle alone. Here at Nevada Title and Payday Loans, Inc., we can offer installment loans near me of up to $1,500 to help tide you over and fund emergencies. This is an unsecured loan that does not require you to provide anything as collateral.
And just like with our title loans, we welcome you to come in even if you have a poor or nonexistent credit history. Just keep in mind that, unlike our title loans, we do check your credit for this loan.
How To Get Installment Loans Near Me
In just 30 minutes, you can walk away with the money you need from our signature installment loan. The process is quick and uncomplicated. The steps below will guide you through the entire procedure:
- Fill out our short, 5-minute online form. Wait for one of our friendly loan representatives to call you. It's a good idea to ask any questions you have at this time. If you don't have any, they'll go straight into telling you about the rest of the process and defining the documents you must provide.
- Go to your closest Nevada Title and Payday Loans, Inc. storefront after the phone call. You'll need to bring your government-issued photo identification card, a blank check from a checking account open in your name, and proof of income in the form of your most recent pay stub.
- Sit down with one of our friendly loan representatives and wait while they take a look at your documents. Once they've verified your items and given you approval, you'll be guided through some straightforward paperwork. After that, you'll receive your money on the same day!
Stay Afloat While Your Unemployment Benefits Run Out
Now, you'll never have to search, "what do I do if my unemployment benefits run out?" again! Keep these tips in mind and you will have a nice stream of income until you are able to find employment again. And when you need help with emergencies, turn to installment loans near me for help. Fill out our online form to get started today.