Need Help Paying Bills After The Holidays? Try These 5 Ideas
Now that the holidays have passed, we are all experiencing some financial strain. You may even need help paying bills and are looking around. Well, you are in luck! There is plenty of help available to you if you know where to find them. Here are five ideas for getting the help you need when paying your bills after the holidays.
5 Top Ideas When You Need Help Paying Bills
1. Apply For The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP for short, is a good program when you need help paying bills. This is a program that helps families in Nevada who are having trouble making ends meet every month. It gives those who need it access to money to buy nutritious foods.
Currently, tens of thousands of households receive assistance from the SNAP program. You have to meet certain eligibility requirements to get help from the scheme, so to find out whether you qualify, call one of the following numbers:
- Toll-Free Number — (800)-992-0900.
- Northern Nevada Number — (775)-684-7200.
- Southern Nevada Number — (702)-486-1646.
2. Consider A Utility And Energy Bill Assistance Program
Plenty of energy and utility companies throughout the state offer their low-income customers financial assistance when they need help paying bills. The programs come in all shapes and sizes — some offer cash grants; others offer weatherization programs; while the rest offer more attractive payment plans.
Check with your current energy and utility providers to see if you can participate in their scheme – if they provide one. Some state and federal government energy bill aid schemes exist if you don't qualify for a company-specific program, including the following:
- Nevada Community Action Agencies — These state agencies give you help to pay for electricity and water. They're non-profit entities that work alongside the government, so you still need to meet certain requirements to access the funds.
- Low-Income Assistance — The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) offered by the government includes weatherization. It gives you a free grant to help you pay for cooling and utility bills. Sometimes, you'll get free conservation too. Just check the Nevada LIHEAP weatherization services to find out more.
3. Acquire Financial Assistance In A Crisis
If you are faced with a crisis that you can't afford and need help paying bills, the state government can give you emergency financial aid. You can use the money received from this program to pay electricity bills, medication costs, rent, and food.
4. Get Rental Assistance Vouchers
If you are a very low-income household or individual and need help paying bills, you can get help from various public housing authorities in Nevada through rental assistance vouchers. The vouchers subsidize your rent payments for a specific period. Usually, you qualify for the scheme if you're elderly or have a disabled member in your household.
Typically, there are waiting lists at the housing authorities. However, you may qualify for emergency section eight vouchers depending on your situation. The rate you move through the process depends on your landlord and whether they have a section eight income-qualified home offered. You can apply for section eight vouchers at any of the following housing authorities:
- Nevada Rural Housing Authority — 3695 Desatoya Drive, Carson City, NV 89701.
- Asi Southern Nevada Mainstream Housing Voucher Program — 429 Van Wagenen Street, Henderson, NV 89015.
- Cark County Housing Authority — 5390 E Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89122.
- North Las Vegas Housing Authority — 1632 Yale Street, North Las Vegas, NV 89030.
- Southern Nevada RHA — 340 North 11th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101.
- Reno and Washoe County — 1525 E 9th Street, Reno, NV 89512.
5. Get An Auto Title Loan
If you can't qualify for the state-assisted programs or they don’t help with your emergencies, a title loan from Nevada Title & Payday Loans, Inc. is an option to help you out with emergency expenses. This short-term loan allows you to use your vehicle’s lien-free vehicle title as collateral for a lump sum of cash.
Depending on the value and condition of your vehicle, you can borrow up to $15,000. This means we have to inspect your vehicle at the nearest Nevada title loan location near me. Don’t worry, the inspection takes only minutes to complete. And the best part is, if you qualify for approval, you can keep your vehicle while you repay the quick max auto title loan.
The good thing about this loan is you can qualify even if you have poor credit with us. And we do not require you to show any proof of income or employment. We only require you have a lien-free title, the vehicle is fully paid for, and you are of legal age.
To get the process started, just fill out the online form on our website and wait for us to give you a call. We will set up the meeting and in just around 30 minutes from the time you walk in, you could find out if you’ve been approved. If you are, you can get the cash on the same day or the next bank business day.
Get The Help You Need Paying Bills After The Holidays
You're never alone when you need help paying bills. Using our top five ideas, you can get the money you need and find financial health after the holidays. And if you run into any emergencies, you can always turn to an auto title loan. Fill out our online form to get started on the process.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.